Kabaddi is an ancient team sport. In kabaddi game, two teams go to against each other on opposite halves of the field. kabaddi rules are simple. By the rules of kabaddi, both the teams take turns to send a ‘raider’ into the opposite half to score points.
The Raider’s performance and the reaction of the defenders of the opposing team to the raid decide which team wins a points.
What is Kabaddi sport :
Kabaddi is the contact sport where 2 teams need to compete in a match. The sport has its origin in historical Indian records because as it was first conceptualized in South India. The game further developed in the northern parts of India with Punjab being the most prominent region.
An organized version of Kabaddi became first performed in Maharashtra. Its between 1950-1920 standardized rules were also formulated for the sport.
Kabaddi first got worldwide exposure at the 1936 Berlin Olympics. It became additionally introduced on the Indian National Games held in Calcutta in 1938.
The game is governed by the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF). In 2004, the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) became fashioned taking the game to a international level.
Where with some western nations like Canada and Germany joining in as participants. Whereas at a home level the Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India (AKFI) acts as the administration.
Kabaddi rules :
1) Each team shall consist of no more than 12 gamer with best 7 taking to the field at anyone time. Because of the physical nature of Kabaddi, fits are classified in age and weight categories.
2) There are six officials searching after every Kabaddi match. The officials contain of a referee, a scorer, two assistant scorers and two umpires.
3) The duration of the game is 2 halves of 20 minutes which with break of 5 minutes in a every half time’s.
4) The overall objective of the game is to simply out-score the opposition team. And scoring more points within the allotted time.
5) To complete this objective, each group must try and rating factors in both the departments of attacking and defending.
6) When on the attack, the offensive team sends across a raider into the opposition’s half.
7) Which tries to touch as many members of the opposition as he can. And get back to their own court safely to score a point.
8) When defending, the defenders try to capture the Raider. And prevent him from returning to his own court by the time their breath is up.
How to play kabaddi sport :
*) At the start of match, there is a coin toss with the winner having the choice as to whether to have the first raid or not.
*) In the last half of the match, the group that did no longer raid first shall begin the second half with a raid.
*) To win a point when raiding in the match, the raider need to take a breath and run into the opposition’s half. And tag one or extra participants of the opposing team after which return to their own half the pitch before inhaling again.
*) To show that another breath hasn’t been taken, the rider got to hold to again and again yell the word ‘Kabaddi’.
*) Failure to try to do this, even for just a flash manner that the rider need to return to their own side of the court without points. And therefore the opposite team is obtainable an element for a successful defense play.
*) The group being raided is defending. Then the players must prevent the raiders from tagging them and returning back over the halfway line.
More rules of kabaddi for continue :
*) Whilst in defense, a group may score a point by correctly preventing the raider returning to their own said after tagging them.
*) Raiders may only be grabbed through their limbs or torso, not through their hair, garments or anywhere else. Defenders are not permitted to cross the center line.
*) Each team will take turns in raiding and defending. Following halftime, the two teams switch sides of the court. And the team who defended first inside the primary half begin the last half through raiding.
*) Until the time is up, the match continues in this way. In the match, the team which have the most points at the end is declared the winner.
Kabaddi rules and regulations :
The Referee and the umpires shall have the power to maintain the discipline in the match. They can warn the groups, declare technical point against.
And also have the power to temporarily suspend or to disqualify any player or team from the match.
The Referee can give punishment to any player or team for who is committing any of a following violations or foul :
1) Persistently protesting or objecting the official’s decision, thereby disrupting the match.
2) Making derogatory remarks about the officials and their actions, thereby trying to influence their decision.
3) Showing overt aggression towards the Referee or umpire demanding a favorable decision.
4) Choking a raider by shutting his mouth or throat in any way.
5) Violent means of tackling a player leading to injuries being sustained by the opponent raider.
6) Taking more than five seconds to start the raid unless there is some technical issue specified in the rule.
7) Holding the Raider with the help of scissors operated by legs.
8) Coaching from the outside of the court by the coaches and the players.
9) Preventing or stopping the Raider from taking his turn of the raid.
Referee’s cards :
The Referee and the umpire can use the cards of different colors to warn a player, coach, manager and team.
They have power to temporarily suspend, a player coach or manager or team, from the match.
1) Green Card : It is shown for an initial warning for any violation of rules.
2) Yellow Card : If the yellow card is shown to any player then the player shall be suspended for 2 minutes from the game. And also one technical point shall be rewarded to the opposition team.
3) Red Card : If the red card is shown to any player, then he shall be suspended for the rest of the match. And also one technical point are going to be rewarded to the opposition team.
In this case, No substitute player is allowed to replace the red carded player. And also the team that loses the player shall continue the match with the remaining number of players.
Scoring point in kabaddi sport :
1) One point shall be rewarded for each opponent that they put out of the game.
2) One point each shall be rewarded successfully touching the bonus line in the opposition’s half.
3) When attacking, Teams score one point by the raider touching opposition members, putting them out.
4) When defending, Teams score one point by preventing the raider returning to their own court.
5) One point shall be rewarded for if any part of an opposing team member’s body goes outside of the boundary.
6) Two bonus points shall be rewarded to a team when all of their opponents are declared out.
Safety rules for kabaddi match :
1) The ground shall be level with soft/Mat surface, and it is necessary to have a four-meter clear space outside the boundaries of the court.
2) No ornaments of any sort shall be allowed during the match and nails of the players must be closely clipped.
3) Any application of oils or any other slippery substances to the body is prohibited and shall not be allowed.
4) If the match is played on the mat surface, then wearing shoes is compulsory for the players.
5) A First-Aid box and a stretcher ought to be kept in close location to the court.
6) Players should appropriately warm-up before coming into the court.
7) There should be proper cool-down and stretching after finishing the session.
8) All players must have wear T-shirt with distinctive numbers on their back.
9) These numbers must be of at least 4 Inches thickness in front and 6 inches thickness at the back.
10) Every team should compulsorily follow the dress code.
If you need more information about, rules of kabaddi. Then you can visit wikipedia. Thanks.
Source : Internet.
Credit goes to : Google.